Dress Hunt

Dad, Matt, you are NOT NOT NOT allowed to read this! If you found it, STOP RIGHT NOW!!!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

the question of the poofy skirt...

In answer to Anna's comment.

Short answer: I don't know. :)

Long answer: I like the idea of lots of swishy fabric - it says to me things like soft, romantic, sort of Victorian, etc. Problem - lots of swishy fabric racks up the price, if it's nice fabric. The skirt of "princess dress" no. 5 does look ok, but remember too that I am standing on a box (probably about 6 inches), which is why I don't look short. Any poof wedding dress would obviously be hemmed to my height, but it's still tricky.

IF I were to go with a poofy skirt, I would want A) a type of fabric that wasn't scratchy netting (either going more flowy, like georgette, or more structured, like organza, but not something like tulle. well, unless it was nice tulle.) B) a style that didn't give me poofy hips. Note below:


This dress being ostensibly Melissa Sweet, probably around 4 grand, from the Fall Martha Stewart Weddings.


Keeping all this in mind, if I were to choose a style right now, it would probably be the empire waist/fitted through natural waist look of the Amy Kuschel drawings, because of the potential for poof to go very, very wrong...

Boo on Poofy Hips!

I should really be reading. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home