Dress Hunt

Dad, Matt, you are NOT NOT NOT allowed to read this! If you found it, STOP RIGHT NOW!!!

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Amy Kuschel 3 - Veronica the hottie dress

This dress is SEXY. (3 adj. - Statuesque, Dramatic, Sophisticated.) It is Italian silk mikado, a trumpet shape with a chapel train. It basically hugs all the curves (and the upturn of the beading at the bodice creates curves where there are none) and then flares dramatically below the hips. Candace's notes are "glam but demure, solid fabric, structured, very Hollywood 30s." All the dresses looked great, but this one was HOT HOT HOT. (So the question is, do I want to be hot at my wedding or pretty and romantic at my wedding?)

 

And... it's even more than the others, $2,160. (Hotness has a price.) Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who says you can't be sexy *and* romantic?

    ~Ambre

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Anna said…

    Okay ... the "Veronica" and the "Fiona" look the same to me in the sketches. And I like them, although I think I might prefer the off the shoulder sleeves of the Lydia. It looks sort of vintage 40's movie star. I think that's kinda you.

    So here's what I really want to know: do you want a big poofy skirt or not?? I think your example (#5 princess dress) looked good on you (and didn't make you look short, as poofy skirts to on some people) so it is definitly an option. I guess I just want to know what your thoughts are about this.

    Also, have you given up the idea of having a dress made? I'm asking because I'm very tempted to try to find patterns that look like the dresses you like, but I won't if you're not considering that option ...

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I happened upon your blog today (I'm very bored at my day job). I wanted to tell you that I wore this dress for my wedding in August and received lots of compliments. Equally as important was the service I received at AK. I actually changed my mind after ordering another dress and they STILL gave me a discount. AK called me herself to see if I wanted to talk about it. She is a doll. When I went in the 2nd time, everyone there was so lovely about my wanting to change. AND, we ended up have 4 fittings (at no charge mind you, and at their insistance) to make sure it was just right. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to share my experience.

    Best of luck!
    Katherine Von Till
    vontill@aol.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home