Dress Hunt

Dad, Matt, you are NOT NOT NOT allowed to read this! If you found it, STOP RIGHT NOW!!!

Friday, January 27, 2006

help

Hi Girls,

Wedding dress shopping today was pretty much a flop. Marisa and I
went to Just Engaged Salon (www.just-engaged.com). After a lovely
walk through the Mission, we arrived right on time to the boutique,
which was fine, cute, lovely, whatever. But the dresses were very ...
bride-y. Very "I'm a bride and this is what brides wear." The
fabrics were not as nice and the cuts were actually unflattering! On
*ME*! I'm TINY! Oh, and let me just say that the sample sizes were
HUMONGOUS and it was NOT easy to imagine!!! Marisa can tell you.
Whoo boy. And ok plus, what do you say when the woman who owns the
boutique is helping you and all her dresses are flops? Luckily we
bonded over the show Grey's Anatomy. (Because she looks like Addison
Dr. McDreamy's wife.)

So I need some help. Some major help. Because now I'm dejected. :(
(not like, super insane bride dejected, just dejected.) I'm starting
a blog special for dress hunting (um, mostly because my *dad* reads my
other blog...!!) so it's called dresshunt.blogspot.com. I'll be
posting all my dress-related ideas and the like there. All the awful
dresses from today (we only took pictures of the okay ones, actually,
so you won't get to see the others) will be posted there shortly.
Leave comments to your heart's content, and help me out if you have
any advice.

To bring some of you up to speed -- when I went shopping with Candace
to Amy Kuschel (www.amykuschel.com), all the dresses were pretty much
fabulous but they're a lee-ttle pricey for my poor ass... I'll put up
the design drawings of the ones I liked on the blog too (it's their
policy not to allow pictures, it's their schtick).

here's the source I've been using for my wedding dress shopping:

http://www.herecomestheguide.com/dresses/sanfrancisco.htm

Obviously, I'm a fan of Amy Kuschel; should I try some of the other
places? They look WAY too expensive!!!! But sigh... I went to the
websites for Ginger's and Christina Hurvis. They look a lot nicer
than just-engaged, and also more pricey.

Oh, and riddle me this, girls. For $700 you can get a lovely Dolce
and Gabbana sundress made from the highest quality silks and fabrics,
but a $700 wedding dress is unflattering, ill-fitted, has to be
altered (200-400 more dollars, by the way), and is made of cheap
fabric??

Do I even *WANT* to go to David's Bridal????

Sigh.

Love,
Amelia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home